Did you know?
There are new rules coming into effect from 1st October 2018 that change the definition of a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO).
Currently, an HMO generally refers to one of the following:
- A house split into bedsits
- A house or flatshare where each tenant has their own tenancy agreement
- Students living in shared accommodation
Under the new rules, an HMO will be a property that is:
- occupied by five or more persons;
- occupied by persons living in two or more separate households
Full details of the changes can be found in the “The Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (Prescribed Description) (England) Order 2018”, which can be read in full here.
It is expected that these new rules will increase the number of properties that need an HMO Licence from their Local Authority.
This is where Victoria Forms can help!
We supply a comprehensive online HMO Solution, which handles new applications as well as renewals.
Our template HMO form can be easily and immediately branded to your authority, and is compatible with a selection of Add-On Modules and Integrations to enhance the customer journey.
Enhance your HMO Solution with our range of Add-On Modules and Integrations:
- Allow applicants to attach supporting documentation directly to their HMO Application
- Allow applicants to pay at the point of submission using your Authoritiy’s payment system of choice
Document System Integration
- Automate completed PDFs directly into your Document System
- Provide applicants with the facility to look up their address for improved accuracy
Licence Lookup (Idox Uniform)
- For Renewals, applicants can enter their existing Licence Number and retrieve details for a quick and easy renewal process
Back Office Integration (Idox Uniform)
- Integrate Data directly into the Idox Uniform Back Office System, removing the need to rekey data
For further details about the HMO Solution available from Victoria Forms – contact VFsales@victoriaforms.com or call 01284 701000